Senior Social Worker Vacancy - Kimberly
Purpose of the Job
The Social Worker will provide social work services to individuals in conflict with the law, which promotes the protection, wellbeing, rehabilitation and best management of these individuals in the criminal justice system. The Social Worker will work toward this goal through the delivery of services and interventions designed to meet desired rehabilitative (behavioural change) and criminal justice outcomes. The Snr. Social Worker will provide supervision to service professionals (SW & SAW) to ensure high quality of services and protection of clients’ rights by guiding the social work staff in the development of their professional capacity to function autonomously and perform their jobs to the highest professional standards (for social work) and organizational performance requirements.
- BA Degree in Social Work
- Minimum social work experience of 5 years.
- Current registration with the SACSSP
- Bilingual in English and Afrikaans
- Valid driver’s license essential
- An interest and passion to work with adult and/ or young offenders within the Criminal Justice System
- Understanding of Restorative Justice processes
- Knowledge and experience of the principles and practices of social work profession
- Ability to write reports, project plans, business plans, and business correspondence
Closing Date: 10 April 2019
Forward applications to: Human Resources Department