Social Worker Vacancy in Durban
The Social Worker provides social work services to individuals in conflict with the law, which promote the protection, wellbeing, rehabilitation and best management of these individuals in the criminal justice system. The Social Worker will work toward this goal through the delivery of a range of services and interventions designed to meet desired rehabilitative (behavioural change) and criminal justice outcomes (diversion, NCS, offender reintegration and group work). The social worker provides a critical connection between the criminal justice system and social services.
Minimum requirements as follows:
- BA or B. Soc. Sci. Degree in Social Work
- Current registration with the SACSSP
- Valid driver’s licence mandatory
- Must be Bi-lingual, English and iSiZulu speaking
- An interest and passion to work with adult and/ or young offenders within the Criminal Justice System
- Understanding of Restorative Justice processes
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have good admin & report-writing skills
- Must be computer literate
Closing Date: 19 August 2019
Forward applications to: NICRO Durban
If you have not been contacted by 20 August 2019 for an interview you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for the position.